Posted by jdhBard | Posted in Blog | Posted on 28-10-2014
I’ve got about a dozen of the Did You Hear That? CDs in circulation with reviewers and the reviews are starting to come in! I’ll keep updating this post as they arrive, but so far, it’s been positive!
- October15th: Geeky Godmother — “It’s a splendid collection for this time of year. Storyteller Hickey does a fine job of reviving a very old tradition.“
- October 19th: Storyteller.net— “Many of the tracks contain music and sound effects, creating a feel of old-time radio shows. There’s even a bit of Canadian-influenced history here, too. Fans of creepy storytelling will be satisfied with their purchase of these stories.”
- October 29th: Lithium Magazine — “This is the perfect time to explore a collection of scary stories, where tales are not just creepy but are rich with culture and history both local and abroad. [Hickey] does fine work in bringing these tales to life. He’s provided a fantastic outlet of reviving the scary story tradition of Halloween, something that would add great life (or death) to your upcoming party.”
Posted by jdhBard | Posted in Events | Posted on 21-10-2014
The “Did You Hear That?” CD Tour has started! In Montreal, I’m hitting both sides of the mountain about one month apart and I’m hoping to book a show in Ottawa as well, so stay tuned.
Tales from the Mariposa
Wednesday, November 19th 2014 at 7pm
Mariposa le Cafe
5434 Cote St-Luc rd
Tales and Wails at the Yellow Door Coffeehouse
Friday, December 12th 2014 at 8:00pm
The Yellow Door Coffeehouse
Montréal, QC H2X 2C3
Come and join us at the Yellow Door Coffeehouse for the Open Stage where I will be the Featured Performer! There will be music, tales, and coffee with comfy seats! All nestled in the comfortable nook of the Yellow Door Coffeehouse.
In October: I’m also performing in Ottawa at (Un)Told on the 27th!
Posted by jdhBard | Posted in News, Recordings | Posted on 22-09-2014
It’s finally the day that has been months, if not years, in the making. Welcome to the digital launch of the much anticipated follow-up CD to The Bard’s New Hat!
JD Hickey’s newest CD “Did you Hear That?” is ready and features some of the Bard’s the creepiest stories (join us at the Facebook event)! Get ready to turn out the lights and listen to these tales! Then turn all the lights back on and quiver in your bed, praying that the sun will return to banish the darkness!
The stories include:
- The Hall of Wonders
- Fionn MacCool and the Old Man (video)
- Thomas & La Chasse Galerie
- The Boy Who Drew Cats
- The Dead Don’t Pay
- The Man with No Story
- Lex & the Devil
- Ti-Fleur & the Magic Fiddler
- BONUS: The Ghost with One Black Eye
- BONUS: Skeleton Woman
Here’s what you can get:
1. “Did You Hear That?”: $12 (8 stories + 2 bonus tracks)
2. “Did you Hear That the Bard Has a New Hat?”: $20 which includes:
- “Did You Hear That?” (8 stories + 2 bonus tracks)
- “The Bard’s New Hat” (released 2010)
There are three ways you can purchase your digital download. Be sure to give me your email address so that I can send you the URL so that you can download the CD!
- Bank Transfer: send your payment via Interac e-transfer to email@example.com. Please include your full name and your Email address (so that we can email you the link). If a password is required, make it “HearThat2014″.
- Paypal: please visit our sponsor The Magical Blend and select the “Did You Hear That?” CD from their store page, click Checkout, and pay for it with Paypal.
- Cheque: if you wish to send a cheque, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the mailing address and once he receives the cheque, you will receive an email with the digital download.
Once I receive your payment, I will email you a link to the ZIP file that contains the tracks. This path will be active for a couple of days, so you must download the file before it expires. Please let me know when you receive the files and do not share this path with anyone else.